You need a user name for wikiHow or another online sign up website, but what to use? Here are some helpful tips to get you on your way to user name stardom!
- Name Generators are your friends! Name generators such as the one at BehindTheName.com can be very useful!
- Some things to consider using:
- Your first name
- Your first name in leet
- The name of your favorite tv show or video game (this only works if the name is 1 or 2 words, such as Halo or Heroes)
- Your favorite animal
- Your favorite flower
- Your initials, or your first name then your middle and last initials
- Your favorite sport
- You favorite celebrity then add “fan” at the end
- Your career title (like Doc if you’re a doctor)
- What people call you (like if they call you a geek or emo)
- Your nickname
- Something that rhymes or alliterates with your first name
- Random words you likes
- If the site you use allows it, unicode characters such as ♠, ♣, ♥, ♦, ♪, or ♫. These can be found in Start Menu>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools.
- Keyboard symbols like _, ., !, $, and ~
- Faux Cyrillic or Heavy Metal Umlaught
- A number
- Things not to use:
- Your full or last name (this can be incredibly dangerous)
- Obscene words
- Your house number (also dangerous)
- Your city of residence (you guessed right, it’s dangerous)
- Do not make an excessively long username
- Word Play Maybe your obsessed with meat! A good username might be Need4Meat or WantCowNow. Play around with your likes and dislikes to get a funny username!
- Make sure it reflects you! If it sounds cool, fine. If it sounds cool and reflects who you are, Awesome!
Source : www.wikihow.com