Do you know which websites refer the most visitors to your site? Or the most common keywords used to find your site? Google Analytics can provide the valuable answers to these questions, and many more.
- Open a Gmail account if you don’t already have one.
- Create a Google Analytics Account.
- Click on: ‘Add Website Profile.’ Installing Google Analytics does not require knowledge of HTML, but there is a piece of HTML code that must be copied onto your blog.
- In the box, enter your URL. (For example: http://www.yourwebsite.com or yourblog.blogspt.com.)
- Set your Country and Time zone, and hit Continue.
- Highlight the tracking code displayed in the large box and ‘Copy’.
- Sign into Blogger. Click on the ‘Layout’ Tab, then click on ‘Edit HTML’
- Click on ‘Download Full Template’ to back up your template onto your computer. It’s always a good idea to back up your template before you make any changes.
- Scroll down to the bottom and paste the tracking code just before the closing ‘body’ tag.
- Press ‘Save Template’ to save the changes.
- Back in Google Analytics, click on ‘Check Status’ or ‘Verify Tracking Code’ under the Status column. Once your tracking code has been verified, the status will change to: ‘Receiving Data.’
- Installing Google Analytics is a huge step towards taking control of your online marketing. It will open your eyes to valuable information about your website visitors and display the data in an easy to read, easy to understand format. Over time you will see trends that you could not have discovered any other way.
- The longer you have have Google Analytics installed, the more interesting and valuable the data will be.
- To remind yourself what the code you have added to the template is for, add a comment above it like this <!– Google Analytics code –>
- It will take about 24 hours or so after you install Google Analytics before you start seeing any data. Check back the next day to familiarize yourself the various reports.
Source : www.wikihow.com